Forest Grove Car Accident Attorney

Injury Attorney Serving Forest Grove, Oregoncar accident attorney forest grove oregon

If you have been involved in an auto accident, your own insurance company will pay the medical bills you incur from your injuries and treatment.
Personal injury protection, or PIP, is mandatory coverage under all Oregon auto insurance policies. PIP benefits cover you for the first year following your accident and pay up to $15,000 for your reasonable and necessary medical care. Benefits can be higher depending on your insurance coverage, but that is the minimum in Oregon.
Also, if you suffer lost wages and are off work for 14 consecutive days, PIP will pay you for up to 52 weeks of wage loss. This benefit is available for time loss at any time during the two years following the accident. So, if you have surgery at some point and are off work, then PIP would pay for your wage loss even if you were off work later than one year after your accident. PIP wage loss pays up to $3,000 per month or 70% of your lost wages, but no more than $3,000 per month for polices written or issued on and after January 1, 2010. PIP coverage prior to that was only $1,250 per month.
If you have an accident, file a report with the Department of Motor Vehicles within 72 hours. Keep a copy of that report for your records. Also, notify your insurance company immediately so that they can send you an application for PIP benefits. Then, call us at (503) 648-0766 or fill out our request for a Free Attorney Consultation form.
We can help make sure your bills get paid, that the providers accept what PIP is mandated to pay and that you do not end up with bills that should have been paid by PIP. Any additional wage loss you have that is not covered under your PIP can be obtained from the other driver at the time we settle or go to trial on your claim.

In Oregon, you have two years from the date of the accident in which to settle your claim or to file your lawsuit. If you fail to act within that time frame, your claim is barred by the statute of limitations.

Automobile and Truck Accidents in Forest Grove, OR

The most common type of personal injury claim arises from automobile accidents. There are probably more automobile accident claims than all other types of personal injury claims combined. If you have been injured or a family member has been killed as a result of the fault or neglect of another, you have a legal right to recover damages for your injuries and losses. The more serious your injuries or the more complicated your case, the more likely an attorney will be of benefit to you.
Many people forget about other claims related to the fact that an automobile collision has occurred, such as claims for uninsured or under-insured insurance benefits, claims against a wrongdoer’s employer or even, in some cases, claims against automobile manufacturers or highway designers.
In many personal injury claims, other issues may arise. Do health care providers, insurance companies, workers compensation insurers, or government entitlement programs such as Medicare or Medicaid have to be repaid for benefits that you may have received? How long should you keep your totaled vehicle or wait to repair any damage after the accident? What settlement documents will you have to sign and are they fair? Insurance companies hire only experienced claims adjusters and lawyers. Is the playing field level if you do not have an experienced professional on your team?

In America, a leading cause of death is Automobile Accidents and Motor Vehicle Collisions. According to national statistics, approximately 6,000,000 auto accidents occur each year, causing close to 40,000 fatalities. It is estimated that 1 out of every 5 Americans will be involved in an alcohol-related car crash at some point in their lives according to the NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration). The NHTSA compiles statistics regarding motor vehicle accidents and some of results are alarming.

Car Accident Attorney Forest Grove OR

At The Law Offices of Matthew H. Kehoe, we represent injury victims throughout the State of Oregon, including the communities of:

Hillsboro, OR | Beaverton, OR | Portland, OR | Tigard, OR | Forest Grove, OR | McMinnville, OR | Newberg, OR | Sherwood, OR | St Helens, OR | Seaside, OR | Astoria, OR | Lincoln City, OR | Tillamook, OR | Gresham, OR | West Linn, OR | Lake Oswego, OR | Oregon City, OR | Tualatin, OR | Wilsonville, OR | Woodburn, OR | Oregon