Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Serving Hillsboro OR | Beaverton | Forest Grove | North Plains
Has someone violated a right-of-way law? Pedestrian accidents frequently involve these types of scenarios. Distracted driving is another problem. Is there a pedestrian hit by car movement? If so, it may have to do with texting while driving. When these situations happen, a pedestrian accident attorney is a resource for answers, help, and assistance in reaching equitable compensation.
Increasing Traffic Results in More Pedestrian Accidents
As Oregon attracts new businesses, it also increases traffic on the roads. Many firms rely on third-party trucking companies to bring in supplies and stock. However, road conditions are not keeping pace with the added traffic. Crosswalks and four-way-stops are no longer sufficient to prevent pedestrian accidents.
Oregon Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Urge Proactive Steps to Protect Individuals’ Rights
Pedestrian injuries from car accidents range from minor to catastrophic. It is impossible to go back later and recreate the events. Therefore, a pedestrian accident lawyer urges injured people to take on a proactive role when it comes to protecting individuals’ rights. This understanding applies to vehicle impacts as well as defective sidewalk falls.
- Calling the police. Any pedestrian hit by car movement should file a police report right away. Doing so helps protect the individual’s ability to present a subsequent claim for compensation.
- Getting medical help. What feels like a bump on the leg today may present as a full fracture in the morning. When the body calms down, the real extent of the pain becomes known. It makes sense to get medical help right away.
- Preserving documentation. Someone may have filmed the incident. Maybe some witnesses came forward and offered to fill out statements. A pedestrian accident attorney needs all these documents to help with subsequent representation.
Speak with a Pedestrian Accident Attorney Today!
What Does Compensation Cover?
Working with a pedestrian accident lawyer can help injured parties to receive financial compensation. These funds may assist with recovery-related expenses.
- Medical expenses. These costs involve initial emergency treatments as well as subsequent doctors’ visits and rechecks and other ongoing treatment. They may also cover medications and medical equipment.
- Lost wages. Pedestrian injuries from car accidents leave many people unable to work. Lost wages, salary or bonuses are among the costs that compensation could cover.
- Pain and suffering. Putting a dollar amount on pain and suffering is difficult. However, a pedestrian accident attorney helps people to assess their damages and recover from all their losses.
It is never too late or too early to discuss a case with a pedestrian accident lawyer. The attorney offers advice for the individual’s situation. Moreover, finding the actual worth of an accident is not always easy. Working with someone in the field makes it possible to receive the compensation that the individual deserves.The Law Offices of Matthew H. Kehoe serves Portland, OR, and surrounding areas. Call today for more information.