Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Serving Clients in Hillsboro | Beaverton | Portland | Gresham
Has someone violated a right-of-way law? Pedestrian accidents frequently involve these types of scenarios. Distracted driving is another problem. Is there a pedestrian hit by car movement? If so, it may have to do with texting while driving. When these situations happen, a pedestrian accident attorney is a resource for answers, help, and assistance in reaching equitable compensation.
Increasing Traffic Results in More Pedestrian Accidents
As Oregon attracts new businesses, it also increases traffic on the roads. Many firms rely on third-party trucking companies to bring in supplies and stock. However, road conditions are not keeping pace with the added traffic. Crosswalks and four-way-stops are no longer sufficient to prevent pedestrian accidents.
Or Leave your Information Below To Request A Callback
Learning Pedestrian Accident Law
Pedestrian injuries from car accidents range from minor to catastrophic. It is impossible to go back later and recreate the events. Therefore, a pedestrian accident attorney urges injured people to take on a proactive role when it comes to protecting individuals’ rights and learning the law. This understanding applies to vehicle impacts as well as defective sidewalk falls.
- Calling the police. Any pedestrian hit by car movement should file a police report right away. Doing so helps protect the individual’s ability to present a subsequent claim for compensation.
- Getting medical help. What feels like a bump on the leg today may present as a full fracture in the morning. When the body calms down, the real extent of the pain becomes known. It makes sense to get medical help right away.
- Preserving documentation. Someone may have filmed the incident. Maybe some witnesses came forward and offered to fill out statements. A pedestrian accident attorney needs all these documents to help with subsequent representation.
The Benefits of Working With a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Working with a pedestrian accident attorney can help injured parties to receive financial compensation when following pedestrian accident law. These funds may assist with recovery-related expenses.
- Medical expenses. These costs involve initial emergency treatments as well as subsequent doctors’ visits and rechecks and other ongoing treatment. They may also cover medications and medical equipment.
- Lost wages. Pedestrian injuries from car accidents leave many people unable to work. Lost wages, salary or bonuses are among the costs that compensation could cover.
- Pain and suffering. Putting a dollar amount on pain and suffering is difficult. However, a pedestrian accident attorney helps people to assess their damages and recover from all their losses.
It is never too late or too early to discuss a case with a pedestrian accident attorney. The attorney offers advice for the individual’s situation. Moreover, finding the actual worth of pedestrian accidents is not always easy. Working with someone in the field makes it possible to receive the compensation that the individual deserves. If you’re looking for an experienced and reputable pedestrian accident attorney, contact the Law Offices of Matthew H. Kehoe today to schedule your free in-person consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Hillsboro OR & Beaverton OR
Serving Clients in Washington County and Multnomah County